Re: Ad Yurii Gloriam (Was Re: maize in ancient india: strong transpacific links are indicated)

On 13 Jan 1997 13:37:41 GMT, yuku@io.org (Yuri Kuchinsky) wrote:

[SNIP]

>a) As Johannessen's research indicates that maize was a staple crop in
>that area, these cob fossils shouldn't really be that difficult to turn up
>in excavations. Is anyone looking for them?

Yuri, no one has to look for them, if they are there they will be obvious! We
had this discussion before about chicken bones. Whenever archaeologists dig
they examine everything they find, and they'd be noticed.

[SNIP]
--
Doug Weller  Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
Submissions to:sci-archaeology-moderated@medieval.org