Re: Ad Yurii Gloriam (Was Re: maize in ancient india: strong transpacific links are indicated)

Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:

> Well, I can disprove to you right now that I'm not Anasthasia, the heir to
> the Russian throne. Or that you are not Napoleon... Historical hypotheses
> certainly can be disproved through finding new evidence. Perhaps you
> should brush up on these theoretical considerations...

Sound advice, Yuri.  However, it's not the same thing.  "Proving"
that something does not exist (for which there is no physical
evidence) differs greatly from disproving that someone (for whom
there is physical evidence) is not someone else (for whom there
is also physical evidence).  Hypotheses need evidence to be
formulated and need to be testable.

Regards,
August Matthusen

Follow-Ups: References: