Re: maize in Europe and India: a twisted tale

yuku@io.org (Yuri Kuchinsky) wrote:

>This is part 2 of my reply.
>
>I have replied to the stuff Peter posted from Sauer. For those not in the
>know, Jonathan Sauer is far from being an objective commentator. He is
>strongly inclined to reject all diffusionist theories. His critique of
>Johannessen demonstrates this.

No, just because he disagrees with Johannessen doesn't make him an
anti-diffusionist. I refer you to:

Sauer, Jonathan, _Historical Geography of Crop Plants: A Select Roster_
1993, CRC Press;
_______________. _Plant Migration: The Dynamics of Geographic Patterning
in Seed Plant Species_ 1988, University of California Press;
_______________. _ Plants and Man on the Seychelles Coast: A Study in
Historical Biogeography_ 1967, University of Wisconsin Press:

a good Sauer primer. UT's library should have them.

Thanks for the reply to my earlier request.

Happy New Year,
Randy

--
Randal Allison, Ph.D.