Re: maize in ancient india: strong transpacific links are indicated

In article <5a3gb3$o93@news1.io.org> yuku@io.org (Yuri Kuchinsky) writes:
>Peter van Rossum (pmv100@psu.edu) wrote:
>: Yuri, notice I specify what it would take for me to change my mind,
>: what would it take for you to change yours?
>
>What it would take? If they found another plant in India that looks like
>maize, talks like maize, and squaks like maize. And if they make a solid
>identification that this plant -- and not maize -- is portrayed in these
>carvings. That will change my mind for sure...
>Yuri.

I'm afraid I long ago despaired of finding any plants which talk or squak :)

But what if it could be argued that the ancient Indians had a sacred, but
mythical, plant which looked like the depictions on the temples?  Would
that satisify your criteria?

Peter van Rossum
PMV100@PSU.EDU