Re: Amerindian navigators and Eurocentrism in scholarship

In article <5ve9mm$44d$1@news.trends.ca>, yuku@mail.trends.ca (Yuri Kuchinsky)
wrote:
awesome snip
>I'm not running away anywhere, and I stand by the information that I
>posted. I guess you would have been running away by now, seeing how many
>people are trying to prove me wrong. But you should not judge everyone by
>your own rather lowly standards, Doug. It may surprise you, but some
>people actually believe that the historical truth is worth fighting for,
>even if many others are trying to run away from it, or to pretend it's not
>there. All the intellectual philistines like Mr. Weller will not make a
>big difference to me if I see that the real factual evidence supports
>these theories.
>
>It's the biased and overcritical people like you, Doug, who stand in the
>way of progress in scholarship.

No Yuri. It is people like Doug who keep the standard of scholarship at a
level from whence one can draw reasonable conclusions.

This sig is a sine of the thymes