Re: Amerindian navigators and Eurocentrism in scholarship

In article <5v7uj4$l3p$1@titan.globalserve.net>, yuku@globalserve.net
(Yuri Kuchinsky 17784) wrote:

> : If Heyerdahl gives primary sources, why don't you look at them and cite
> : the primary sources rather than citing Heyerdahl?
>
> He gives plenty of primary sources. And, in case you didn't know, he
> organized the first modern achaeological excavations there in 1955. So he
> himself happens to be a primary source. And then he organized another set
> of excavations in 1986.
>
> The great achievements of Heyerdahl in advancing archaeological knowledge
> in this area can be doubted only by those who are completely clueless
> about this whole issue.
>
> Regards,
>
> Yuri.

Again, primary sources are mentioned but we do not get any. One more
time-- let us not forget that we have repeatedly asked Yuri for citations
by the scholars who actually excavated and found *C. moneta* cowrie shells
in an Adena culture mound. We need evidence that the dig was done
correctly, that the identity of this species of shell was proven, and that
there was no sister species native to the New World existed. Do not keep
going to new topics before we settle this question-- or retract the claim.
Bernard Ortiz de Montellano