Re: Amerindian navigators and Eurocentrism in scholarship

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997 23:19:27 -0700, hgibbons@spamproof.stic.net (Hugh
Gibbons) wrote:

>In article <3419c63b.420544741@news.mindspring.com>, WWallace@freedom.org
>(William Wallace) wrote:

>>         Even in the most primitive "things that float" found have
>> streamlining of some sort. About the only thing that doesn't is river
>> barges that do not move under their own power.

>Irish used to use round "coracles", which must have been rather ungainly
>in the water, but they could get from Britain to Ireland.

	I am not familiar. Are you saying they are rectangular?

=====
Any sufficiently convoluted argument can be made to appear to be science
as the layman equates incomprehensibility with science.