Re: Atawallpa was no chicken (It was Re: chicken in America: from Asia? (cont.))

Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:

> August Matthusen (matthuse@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> : Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:
>
> : > This is for Peter to read and to think about. Also for others who are
> so : > enamoured with endlessly rehashing the _argumentum ex silentio_.
> Don't : > you get tired of such simplemindedness, people?
>
> : >    particularly in archaeology. But it is only crucial when it can be
> : >    proven that one has no hope of ever finding what one is lacking.
> :      ^^^^^^^
>
> : Non sequitur, science doesn't prove anything and trying to prove
> : a negative is an exercise best left for invisible pink unicorns(tm).
> : (Proof of the non-existence of invisible pink unicorns(tm) is left as
> : an exercise for the reader).
>
> Geez, these guys are now _really mad_ it seems. They want to battle in
> earnest...

Hmm, pointing out logical problems in a "logical" argument is
"battle";  seems to be a logical disconnect there.

> August, before you try to trample me down, please consider the fact that
> I didn't write that file. Why don't you go and chew out the guys at the
> "Scriptorium". This file is available at

I see. You posted it to sci.arch and suggested people read it
and think about it because you _didn't_ believe it?  You accused
people of simplemindedness and used this article as a basis for
your accusation and now you repudiate the the article by foisting
it back upon the original authors?  If you don't stand behind what
you posted perhaps you should apologize for the baseless accusation
that went with it.

> www.scriptorium.org/odyssey/week9/DigThis.html
>
> Give them hell, August. I bet you they didn't even know how they offended
> the true master logician, August! Soon they'll find out...

They didn't post it to sci.arch, you did.  They had it
on their own site.  They didn't base an accusation of
simplemindedness upon it.  You decided that it apparently
contained such words of wisdom that it needed to be posted
here.  They didn't offend me and neither did you.  Being
offended is not a prerequisite for pointing out logical
fallacies.  Mostly I do it just for fun.

> Honest, I didn't write it. And these guys have no connection with me.
> Really, I don't control them... This is NOT a conspiracy!

You're right, it's not a conspiracy, it's just mo'
pseudo-science.

Regards,
August Matthusen