Re: chicken in America: from Asia? (cont.)

 It seems that my former posting gave the impression that I was stating
that "corn" was an indigenous word to the Americas.  I only say, in a
sardonic way that I assumed would be picked up drom the context, that it
was pre-Columbian.

So, for the record, I now put the right P.S.:

In article <58uuu6$kr1@lana.zippo.com>, Domingo Martinez-Castilla
<agdndmc@showme.missouri.edu> wrote:

>P.S. Pavo real, by the way, literal translation could also be "royal peacock"
>And in US English, maize is called with a pre-Columbian word: corn.

And he should have written:

P.S. Pavo real, by the way, literal translation could also be "royal
peacock"
And in US English, maize is called with a pre-Columbian word: corn. ;-D