Re: Amerindian navigators

Don Judy (hsaller@spam.this.epix.net) wrote:
:
: In Article<33e946a6.590828@news.earthlink.net>, Garry
: Williams<gdwill@earthlink.net> wrote:
: > bg364@torfree.net (Yuri Kuchinsky) wrote:

: > > Is this what you're objecting against?
: >
: > What we object against is a certain indivual making a claim that is
: > contrary to all previously known evidence, without a single fact to
: > back up his claim. In addition, when the fault in this individual's
: > reasoning is pointed out, we object to his twisting other's words,
: > making ad hominem attacks, and then, to put the icing on the cake,
: > playing holier-than-thou. Any idea who this might be, Yuri?

: That's a mighty tough question, Garry, especially if he can't find the
answer : in The Scholarly Publication Of The Seventies, Man Across The
Sea. No, wait, : I'm almost being unfair to trollboy. Whooopsy daisy, that
(trollboy) was an ad : hominem attack, something Yuri thinks is anything
calling into question his : "methodology", but then again methodology is
probably too strong a word for : how he works. How can you expect him to
find the answer when his posts : indicate he doesn't know the difference
between a balsa tree and reed? (Hey : Yuri, this is probably the sentence
you should attack.) This is a guy who : thinks he knows more about runes
than Scandinavian runologists and linguists, : and thinks he's better
equipped to talk about preColumbian Central and South : American native
cultures than Bernard Ortiz, Paul Pettennude and others. He : thinks he
knows more about Cherokee than Greg Keyes.

Hey, Don, you will not impress me with appeals to authority. This is a
common logical fallacy. The facts are on my side, and this is why I always
win these arguments.

Regards,

Yuri.

: This is a guy who thinks : maize kernels aren't found in Old World sites
because no one is looking for : them. (What a scenario. "Hey, guys, this
corn shouldn't be here, let's just : ignore it.") Okay, "thinks" is
probably giving him too much credit. However, : his trolling expeditions
do bring up lots of interesting information. It just : all comes from
others who respond to his (here comes another subjective : evaluation)
nonsense.  : Yuri's always attacking "isolationists", when, intellectually
speaking, he's : the real isolationist, taking small bits of information
that on the surface : appear to be meaningful, but when viewed as part of
a multidisciplinary whole, : fall apart. However, when I read the latest
Yuricentric bilge in the morning, : it does wake me up just as much as a
cup of coffee. Not nearly as pleasant, : though.