Re: Amerindian navigators

In Article<33e946a6.590828@news.earthlink.net>, Garry
Williams<gdwill@earthlink.net> wrote:

> bg364@torfree.net (Yuri Kuchinsky) wrote:
>

> > Is this what you're objecting against?
>
> What we object against is a certain indivual making a claim that is
> contrary to all previously known evidence, without a single fact to
> back up his claim. In addition, when the fault in this individual's
> reasoning is pointed out, we object to his twisting other's words,
> making ad hominem attacks, and then, to put the icing on the cake,
> playing holier-than-thou. Any idea who this might be, Yuri?

That's a mighty tough question, Garry, especially if he can't find the answer
in The Scholarly Publication Of The Seventies, Man Across The Sea. No, wait,
I'm almost being unfair to trollboy. Whooopsy daisy, that (trollboy) was an ad
hominem attack, something Yuri thinks is anything calling into question his
"methodology", but then again methodology is probably too strong a word for
how he works. How can you expect him to find the answer when his posts
indicate he doesn't know the difference between a balsa tree and reed? (Hey
Yuri, this is probably the sentence you should attack.) This is a guy who
thinks he knows more about runes than Scandinavian runologists and linguists,
and thinks he's better equipped to talk about preColumbian Central and South
American native cultures than Bernard Ortiz, Paul Pettennude and others. He
thinks he knows more about Cherokee than Greg Keyes. This is a guy who thinks
maize kernels aren't found in Old World sites because no one is looking for
them. (What a scenario. "Hey, guys, this corn shouldn't be here, let's just
ignore it.") Okay, "thinks" is probably giving him too much credit. However,
his trolling expeditions do bring up lots of interesting information. It just
all comes from others who respond to his (here comes another subjective
evaluation) nonsense.
Yuri's always attacking "isolationists", when, intellectually speaking, he's
the real isolationist, taking small bits of information that on the surface
appear to be meaningful, but when viewed as part of a multidisciplinary whole,
fall apart. However, when I read the latest Yuricentric bilge in the morning,
it does wake me up just as much as a cup of coffee. Not nearly as pleasant,
though.

Cheers,
DJ