Re: Amerindian navigators and Eurocentrism in scholarship

In article <3425db3a.25885493@news.mindspring.com>, WWallace@freedom.org
(William Wallace) writes:

>> >How are you going to get fresh water from ocean fish?
>>>
>>> Salt water fish have fresh water inside them. When I was very small, my
>dad
>>> bought a herring from some fishermen, cut it open and gave me some to
>>> taste. The liquid in the tissue was fresh water.
>>>
>>> Come to think of it, sushi doesn't taste salty does it?
>
>>A long time ago, I heard that fish had something like a bladder(not
>>right word) in their body that held fresh water, seems like near their
>>head. could be wrong on that one.

During the WW-2 years naval and merchant marine personnel were tought
that any fish that could be cought would be a valuable source of water to
survivors floating around on life rafts etc;. No fish I ever took apart had a
*water* bladder in him. They do have an air bladder that controls their
boyancy.
                                        W F VAN HOUTEN
                                         Just call me Bill

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS (Oxymoron)