Re: AZTLAN list: who are the "American Isolationists"?

Peter van Rossum (pmv100@psu.edu) wrote:
: In article <5dt2kt$av2$1@trends.ca> yuku@mail.trends.ca (Yuri Kuchinsky) writes:

: >So how about the significant parallels in zodiacs, calendars, and
: >astronomy? Is this not important enought?
:
: The question is whether these similarities are due to diffusion, or are
: similarities due to coincidence and/or the need to solve common problems.
: Before I would be willing to accept that some of them are due to diffusion I
: would want to see artifacts documenting this transoceanic contact.

Peter,

So are you claiming that no amount of "non-archaeological" evidence will
ever persuade you that there was contact? Strange. You really need that
"artifact" in hand before you believe?

Talking about a high standard of proof...

Here's some stuff about calendrics coming from the guy whose research is
key in this area.

[begin quote]

Follow-Ups: References: