Old World maize: archaeological evidence? Yes!

Greetings, all.

I've been looking through some of my old posts on this subject, and I've
found in there something that was overlooked previously by my critics.
Some rather important piece of evidence in an article published in 1971.

So this is a partial repost of my old posting.

As some of us are aware, the discussion about maize seemed to have bogged
down with the conclusion that the archaeological "smoking gun" has not
been in evidence as yet. Where's the archaeological evidence for maize in
the Old World? my critics asked. "You have other types of evidence, but not
the "hard fossil proof"!"

Meanwhile, this proof seems to have been presented already! Take a look,
please...

Dr. Vishnu-Mittre, an Indian archaeologist, found that proof as far back
as 1966... Surprise!

The rest of that old post of mine deals mostly with theoretical issues
that still seem quite relevant...

Best regards,

Yuri.

Yuri Kuchinsky   | "Where there is the Tree of Knowledge, there
     -=-         | is always Paradise: so say the most ancient
 in Toronto      | and the most modern serpents."  F. Nietzsche
 ----- my webpage is for now at: http://www.io.org/~yuku -----

[begin quote]