Re: Maize origins [was re: "Corn" in medieval Europe]

Douglas Weller (dweller@ramtops.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: On 8 Feb 1997 17:34:10 GMT, yuku@mail.trends.ca (Yuri Kuchinsky) wrote:
:
: [SNIP]
:
: >unaided by humans.) The diffusion of the domestic chicken (from Asia to
: >America) is another mystery.
: >
:
: It's this sort of claim that really upsets people, Yuri. You well know that
: explanations have been offered here. You just don't llike them, but that
: doesn't make it an accepted 'mystery'.

And it's this sort of unreasonable nitpicking that indicates that many
people feel their ideological agendas -- of whatever sort -- are
threatened by the research in this area.

I have made no claims above, Doug. Please reread what I wrote and tell me
exactly what was that "claim" that I made.

Yuri.

Yuri Kuchinsky   | "Where there is the Tree of Knowledge, there
     -=-         | is always Paradise: so say the most ancient
 in Toronto      | and the most modern serpents."  F. Nietzsche
 ----- my webpage is for now at: http://www.io.org/~yuku -----