Re: Ad Yurii Gloriam (Was Re: maize in ancient india: strong transpacific links are indicated)

On 17 Jan 1997 16:51:15 GMT, yuku@io.org (Yuri Kuchinsky) wrote:

>in the Americas gathering dust in someone's closet for 20 years? The
>whole discipline of American prehistory being deliberately
>railroaded into a wrong track for all those years?

Deliberately railroaded? That's a strong charge, I presume you have proof of
it?

>The Vineland saga. I'm just curious as to how no professional
>archaeologist ever bothered to look at those Viking sites, by no
>means hidden from view, until a non-archaeologist came around to
>take a look?

I'd say an avocational archaeologist with a professional wife, and when you
say sites, plural, could you please list them?  Are there main roads going by
them all?

--
Doug Weller  Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
Submissions to:sci-archaeology-moderated@medieval.org