Re: Ad Yurii Gloriam (Was Re: maize in ancient india: strong transpacific links are indicated)

In article <5bt7i6$45f@nnrp1.toronto.ican.net>, yuku@io.org (Yuri
Kuchinsky) wrote:

> Unless you specifically excavate the human settlements from a _specific
> time period_, in _specific locations_ to investigate these matters, your
> point is mute...

No, the point is still valid.  If maize were common enough in India to
allow for the genetic variation and widespread appearance in carvings that
you are claiming, then it would show up in a variety of sites and someone,
somewhere, sometime would have identified it as such.  Having spent my
share of time screening backdirt, I can't imagine consistantly missing
something the size maize kernals, much less cobs.

Katrina

Follow-Ups: References: