Re: Ad Yurii Gloriam (Was Re: maize in ancient india: strong

burglin@ubaclu.unibas.ch wrote:

[Yuri:]
: > a) As Johannessen's research indicates that maize was a staple crop
in : > that area, these cob fossils shouldn't really be that difficult to
turn up : > in excavations. Is anyone looking for them?

: Yuri, sometimes I wonder if you read any of the posts.  : It has been
explained to you many times that : when an archeological excavation is
performed, EVERYTHING is excavated.

Thomas,

You sound as clued out as ever. It's really no fun discussing things with
you because everything has to be explained to you twice... and slowly...
This is the main reason why I rarely reply to your rancorous postings.

Please indicate to me which Hoysala settlements of 12th or 13th century
were excavated, when, and by who, and what kinds of plant remains were
found there. If you don't know, please admit that you're simply babbling.

Yours truly,

Yuri.

: EVERYTHING will be analysed.  people go through trash heaps : to see
what the diets of the old ones were.  : They come up with bones, and
plant remains which will be interpreted : and analysed by specilists.  :
I assume you are not seriously suggesting that whenever there : would be
a maize cob, the archeologists on purpose do not : dig out that spot, and
only dig around it.  : So far, no maize has turned up. Thus, the more
time passes, : the more excavations are performed and no maize comes up,
: the less likely it becomes.  In particular, if you can : identify
plenty of other food crops, it becomes even : more unlikely, as maize
should have been a major staple : if it got put on temples.  : thomas
burglin

--
            =O=    Yuri Kuchinsky in Toronto    =O=
  --- a webpage like any other...  http://www.io.org/~yuku ---

*** PLEASE NOTE *** my Address and Webpage Location to change soon ***
         this address will remain valid: bg364@torfree.net

We should always be disposed to believe that that which
appears white is really black, if the hierarchy of the
Church so decides       ===      St. Ignatius of Loyola

Follow-Ups: References: