Re: Ad Yurii Gloriam (Yuri Contradicts Yuri)

> In article <5blp9l$qg0@news1.io.org> yuku@io.org (Yuri Kuchinsky) writes:
>
> >Quoting again from an expert (Peter sure isn't!):

The original post hasn't made it to my newsreader, so I'm not sure what
sort of an expert Yuri is claiming Peter isn't, but Peter is an
archaeologist. He has at least one publication (as a junior author) on
Maya archaeology published in a major, peer-reviewed journal (Ancient
Mesoamerica). He is also Ph.D candidate in anthropology at a university
well-respected for its grad program in Maya archaeology.

I have no problem with Peter saying he is a professional archaeologist
or that he is an expert in Maya archaeology.

I have not seen Peter make claims to expertise beyond these areas.

Yuri, on the other hand, has avoided all requests to provide details on
his "expertise".

Jeff Baker