Re: maize in ancient india: strong transpacific links are indicated

burglin@ubaclu.unibas.ch wrote:

[Yuri:]
: > I have followed the maize, and other likely plants, diffusion discussions
: > for a while. I cannot think of any evidence that is stronger than
: > Johannessen's in demonstrating transpacific contacts. This is definitely
: > the "smoking gun". It is so, because, and I guarantee you that, if you
: > ask 10 "men in the street" to look at these photos and to identify these
: > plants, 10 of them -- without any doubt -- will say, This is maize. And
: > this is good enough for me.

: But you simply ignore all the other pictures that demonstrate
: it is unlikely to be maize.

Which pictures, Thomas?

Yuri.

--
            =O=    Yuri Kuchinsky in Toronto    =O=
  --- a webpage like any other...  http://www.io.org/~yuku ---

We should always be disposed to believe that that which
appears white is really black, if the hierarchy of the
Church so decides       ===      St. Ignatius of Loyola