Re: maize and ancient numeration in ancient India

Hi Joe:

As a clarifiction, Dr. Gupta cites a recent Ph.D. thesis that discusses
interesting 'possible' diffusion evidence, zero coming to India
from the Maya. Vedic texts have been re-read, as the Dr. Gupta
brief summary indicates, in a manner that changes the previous
view that Ptolemy was referenced to a new 'possible' view that
Maya was the intended original meaning.

Sorry if I can not clarify beyond this point. That is all I know.

Regards,

Milo Gardner
Sacramento

Dr. Gupta writes in Historia Mathematica, a history of math
journal, from time to time. The citation that I recall may have
been around Feb. 1994 or Feb. 1995.