Re: Yuri's smoking guns (was: Testing Gourd Diffusion?

Douglas Weller (dweller@ramtops.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: On 29 Dec 1996 06:37:18 GMT, yuku@io.org (Yuri Kuchinsky) wrote:
: >mjl@dejanews.com wrote:

: >: This is true, our 1995 databases were down for a couple of weeks
while we : >: reconfigured them for some new hardware.  We really don't
like to remove : >: databases from service, but in this case it was
necessary.  They're back now.

: >Thank you for your explanation, Maurice. I've always had the highest
: >regard for the services provided by DejaNews, so I assumed that if I
: >could not find some old posts it indicated that they do not exist.

: Perhaps you owe others an apology, Yuri? After all, there was a notice
on the : Dejanews pages about this which you obviously missed, and we all
know what you : think about people who miss something in a post!

Well, today's search of DejaNews revealed that, up to Oct. 96, in the
newsgroup sci.archaeology.mesoamerican, there were

0 hits for the keyword "johannessen" and

1 hit for the keywords "economic botany" (in a post by J. Baker, this
summer) -- unrelated to the recent discussion.

Perhaps the apologies should be going the other way after all?

Best regards,

Yuri.
--
            =O=    Yuri Kuchinsky in Toronto    =O=
  --- a webpage like any other...  http://www.io.org/~yuku ---

We should always be disposed to believe that that which
appears white is really black, if the hierarchy of the
Church so decides       ===      St. Ignatius of Loyola

Follow-Ups: References: