Re: maize in Europe and India: a twisted tale

In article <5a55ut$oi5@news1.io.org> yuku@io.org (Yuri Kuchinsky) writes:
>Peter van Rossum (pmv100@psu.edu) wrote:
>: Now while Dr. Sauer gives lots of incredibly detailed and meticulous
>: analysis of maize (stuff only a few experts really understand), he does
>: say this of maize as well:
>[snip]
>: Well you can claim that those early references are to maize but the
>: eminent plant geographer Jonathan Sauer clearly prefers the interpretation
>: that they are of grain sorghum.  And I trust Jonathan Sauer ...
>
>Well, Peter, no sooner I corrected one error of logic on your part than,
>lo and behold, another one is coming up. But never fear, we have
>resources for all occasions. So here's some more help to fill in the gaps
>in your education.
>Yuri

Uh, Yuri, I guess you can't see your own reflection when a mirror is held
up to you.  Much of the form of that post was a direct parody of the
manner in which you often make your posts (I suppose I should have put
a line to that effect to make sure people got the joke).  While I
feel that the quote I used by Sauer is appropriate. There was no need
for me to put all that garbage in the beginning about just what a great
book it is.

That is the form of many of your posts and I commented on how irritating
and useless it is in the past - you disagreed.  I was just in a mood to
parody you so I did.  That appeal to authority where I say "I trust Sauer"
was a direct paraphrase of a past post by you where you said "I [Yuri]
trust Needham."  Get the joke now?

But please take your criticism of the uselessness of appeals to authority
to heart and refrain from using them in future posts which you write.

Peter van Rossum
PMV100@PSU.EDU