Re: maize in ancient india: strong transpacific links are indicated

Yes, Kay, pollen deposits would do very nicely. Why such a high
standard? Do you always hold out for 100% convergence notions or are you
open to plausible diffusion facts?

Is there less than 100% aprior proof that appeals to your scientific
self? Anthropology and archaeology both accept many ideas within their
limited scopes that do not stand up to outside review. The first one that
comes to my mind is the silly unproven macro notion of the Bering Straits
and land bridge migrations - boats should have been first on the migration
list long ago.

I cried a few years ago to personally to see the otherwise beautiful
anthropological museum in Mexico City and its outer courtyard Bering
Straits mural. Contrasted with the blank faces of native Mesoamericans
from every Mexican State and the "beautiful' racist blue eyes and full
facial feaures of Conquistadores the Bearing Strait motiff is another
sad Conquistadore symbol.

The native Mesoamericans should be the focus of the museum, all with
human eyes, full of color and beauty. Weak 'facts' like the Bering
Strait mural should also come down and replaced with hard fact!

Milo Gardner
Sacramento, Calif.