Re: chicken in America: from Asia? (cont.)

Peter van Rossum (pmv100@psu.edu) wrote:

: Yuri, how is a question of personalities to ask you why you believe that
: archaeologists have either missed or covered up the finding of Precolumbian
: South American chicken bones?

Peter,

I will explain this for you and Doug very slowly, using only short and
easily understood words, so there's no misunderstanding. Obviously your
introduction to scholarly methodology may have a few lacunae (oops, a
complicated word, better look it up in the dictionary), for you to ask
for this explanation.

It is not my "belief" that we are talking about here. I'm simply quoting
George F. Carter who suggested this theory. Any complains about
insufficient understanding of the professionalism and diligence, whatever,
of archaeologists should be directed to him. As all your other
emotion-laden appeals for more respect for archaeologists and their
expertise.

My _personality_, and/or my _personal_ experience of excavations are
completely irrelevant here. I will not descend to your level and engage in
a personalistic squabble as you two, and quite a few others, so fervently
desire. I have more important things to do, i.e. scholarship.

I hope this explanation is of some help,

Yuri.

: All I can surmise from your unwillingness
: to answer the question is that you have no credible response.  So thanks
: for making it clear (by your failure to answer a simple question) that
: you cannot explain why such evidence has been missed.  And you wonder
: why archaeologists don't accept Carter's theory - sheesh.

--
            =O=    Yuri Kuchinsky in Toronto    =O=
  --- a webpage like any other...  http://www.io.org/~yuku ---

We should always be disposed to believe that that which
appears white is really black, if the hierarchy of the
Church so decides       ===      St. Ignatius of Loyola

Follow-Ups: References: