Re: chicken in America: from Asia? (cont.)

On 28 Dec 1996 15:18:37 GMT, yuku@io.org (Yuri Kuchinsky) wrote:

>Doug,
>
>I understand your anger. You don't have a case -- too bad. I feel your
>pain...
>
>For the fifth time, I suggest you deal with the issues, and not
>personalities.

Yuri, what's going on. I'm asking you a serious question, you talk about pain
and cases (I'm not trying to make a case, just an inquiry!) and anger, and ask
me not to deal with personalities. I'm not dealing with personalities, I'm
asking you to justify your statements where you suggest that archaeologists
have somehow missed finding chicken bones or even covered up the evidence.  Do
you or don't you have practical experience of archaeological excavations that
lead you to think that either are likely?

You keep refusing to answer, prefering to make irrelevant replies (and cutting
out the bits that would help others make sense of my question).

It's not a difficult question, and it wouldn't be the worse thing in the world
if you had to admit to not having the experience.

>Douglas Weller (dweller@ramtops.demon.co.uk) wrote:
>: For the fourth time, Yuri, how about a direct answer to my question? It's not
>: a trivial one, if you make accusations you need to back them up (and how about
>: backing up your claim that thousands of careers are threatened?)

FYI I'm quite relaxed about this. Maize in India, whatever, really won't
affect anything important to me.  I wouldn't be surprised to find evidence of
minor contacts, although any substantial intercourse would be surprising, but
not upsetting. (And I don't think any findings will threaten thousands of
professionals jobs, I've got no idea why you make that claim).
--
Doug Weller  Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
Submissions to:sci-archaeology-moderated@medieval.org