Re: maize in ancient india: strong transpacific links are indicated

On 27 Dec 1996 20:11:25 GMT, yuku@io.org (Yuri Kuchinsky) wrote:

[SNIP]
#

>I believe that reality is catching up fast with the American
>isolationists. The sand-castle of isolationism is crumbling and sinking
>fast under the impact of increasing evidence that demonstrates that
>ancient peoples crossed the oceans many thousands of years before
>Columbus.

What evidence? Your maize, which is supposedly only a few hundred years before
Columbus? And that is supposedly your best shot, and even that in no way
proves the existence of any significant traffic.
--
Doug Weller  Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
Submissions to:sci-archaeology-moderated@medieval.org