Re: Yuri's smoking guns (was: Testing Gourd Diffusion?

In article <59pr9e$n5h@news1.io.org> yuku@io.org (Yuri Kuchinsky) writes:
>: >rus n sheptak (rus@world.std.com) wrote:
>: Yuri, this isn't new...we discussed it about a year ago in this very
>: newsgroup and found it less than convincing...take a look at the
>: posts in DejaNews before dragging it up again, please.
>
>Well, I've just wasted more than an hour looking for this mythical
>discussion in DejaNews and could not find anything. Thanks for sending me
>on a wild goose chase, friend...
>
>: I, for one, am getting tired of this.  Not because I think the topic isn't
>: interesting, because it is.  Its because the standards of evidence you
>: use are so poor.
>
>You just demonstrated how high _your standards of evidence_ are! I sure
>do get tired of uninformed and misleading opinions tossed at me by people
>like you! Yes, indeed...
>Yuri.

My, my we do get kind of touchy don't we Yuri.  I guess you've already
forgotten the debacle of a couple of months ago when I went to the
library for +/- 4 hours reading articles which you claimed provided
evidence for the sweet potato but which contained no such thing.  While
I was quite angry and stated so I didn't claim that this screw up on
your part invalidated everything else you say.

Its quite unfair for you to hold others to a higher standard than you
are willing to keep for yourself. Or maybe I should conclude that,

"You [i.e. Yuri] just demonstrated how high _your standards of evidence_
are! I sure do get tired of uninformed and misleading opinions tossed at
me by people like you [Yuri]! Yes, indeed..."

But again, the central point is that even though Dejanews may not still
have archived the prior discussion it did occur, and the major objection
is again the same as for the chicken in the New World.  No Precolumbian
corn remains have yet been reported for the Old World.  If this is as
close as you'll ever get to a smoking gun you may as well give it up now.

Peter van Rossum
PMV100@PSU.EDU

Follow-Ups: References: