Re: chicken in America: from Asia? (cont.)

Gang,

There is NO EVIDENCE.  Theories are not evidence.  Bones are evidence.
There are too many incidences where we have excavated an entire cross
section of a site at the house mound level and came up with the bones of
animals these people ate going back thousands of years.  Not once have we
found a chicken bone.  The sites I'm talking about are mainstream centers
like Tikal, Calakmul, Caracol and the like where I have PERSONALLY
excavated.

We have found native American turkey bones in abundance. Even parrot bones,
but NO chicken bones. Period.

These started showing up after the Spanish arrived.  Very good
stratigraphy, for example, can be seen a the site of Lamanai in Belize.  We
know exactly when the Spaniards arrived.  We find their evidence and there
among it are (drum roll please) CHICKEN BONES!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

Yuri Kuchinsky <yuku@io.org> wrote in article <59ovqu$bcd@news1.io.org>...